Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm determined to start blogging again :)
Will blog about Sat when I can be bothered to sort out kite-flying photos.

Sunday :)

Went to catch 'Welcome' at Alliance Francais.

(I'm not sure how to credit photos. But I got this from inSing.com. Why is the hyperlink black!)

And... non, je ne parlez pas Français.
About a strange relationship between Simon and Bilal. Actually I can't be bothered to write about the story :) But some of the images were very striking. The brown 'Welcome' doormat at the hostile neighbour's door. And the way it said 'Welcome' stark white against a black background at the end of the film. Bilal in his blue wetsuit striking out against the foamy waves in the stormy grey sea. It was very grey. The sky was grey. The sea was grey. The blank, blank looks on Bilal's and his friend's face at their sudden fortune. The typical messy, ravenblack hair of a poor Pakistani girl in London (Londre). The ring. Diamond and sapphire. That nobody wanted. And the look on his face when Simon told his wife: He walked 4000m and now he wants to swim the Channel. Just to meet his girl. And I can't even cross the road to get you back.

Irrelevantly, mini burgers are very yummy :) I think I will eat mini burgers everytime I go back to Holland V. As long as I don't go with Qpuffs, the restaurant will probably be open.

No comments: