Monday, May 11, 2009

I have a dumb-blonde blog.

You know, when I read some of my friends' blogs, I'm like 'wow they are so intellectual'. They discuss current affairs, make ironic comments on the world economy, challenge the status quo and discuss potentials.

I suppose I could do that - in my essays/ exams. But - and the big but - I need somewhere to talk about myself :D Selfish old me, I know. I mean, current affairs intrigue me only in the context of my academic work but as a girl, I don't care? xD Don't get me wrong, I do love doing politics and writing essays about the crux of the Asian Financial Crisis and the failure of democratic peace theory -.- But the girl in me lives a separate life - of shopping, of romantic movies, of fashion, of sunny beaches and bikinis, of baking sweets, of creating birthday cards, of making music :) But the woman in me analyse the world critically, laugh at the welfare system cynically, view charity work sceptically and ponder over world affairs. The woman in me tuts at the silly models on 'S Factor' while the girl in me yearns to be there with them -.-

Life is a dialectic, a pendulum swaying endlessly between 2 extremes. Some may find the equilibrium in the end, but others... keep on vacillating.

No comments: