Sunday, October 21, 2012

Passion Run.

Off I go running early in the morning.

Signed up for a 4km run (I know it's nothing much) but I began regretting it the moment my alarm clock rang at 6am in the morning. Who wakes up at 6am in the morning anyway... Thoughts crossed my mind: maybe if I pretended to oversleep, or maybe if it pours, maybe I can just go back to sleep...

Didn't work, so ended up waiting in line patiently with the hundreds of wannabe runners about a few hundred metres away from the starting line (cos the queue was that long), and went off.. to a staggering start as we tried to manoeuvre (I still can't spell this odd word) around mothers pushing prams, old couples taking a hike, some sightseeing ladies and some angsty youths.

Not a long run, but I started to feel the stress on my underworked heart and lungs and legs and then you begin to hear the yells. The very enthusiastic volunteers along the road yelling at the runners to go on, it's just 1km left, there's free yoghurt at the end of it all, come on, you can do it. The energy's infectious and the runners pick up their speed (or it could be the free yoghurt after all).

And... it's over.

No comments: