Sunday, July 08, 2007

stranger in a familiar land
can't remember who said that. me? nic? or when.
paths i've taken several times, with several different people, evoking several memories - seems almost like i'm watching a movie of a past me.
my familiar table, yet i can't bring myself to flip through the files or rummage through my drawers.
i don't remember what's in them or what i'll find.
things don't mean the same. i think.
all the past nittygritty grudges faded in a short span of a year. less.

one thing doesn't change: my friends
(or am i being self-delusional - haha)
worrying that i won't fit in anymore, that i won't understand cos NUS/NTU/SMU life is different.
i'm glad we all can still talk, that we could all spend a familiar night in Nic's house, watching GR, listening to the familiar fanfares, eating - or shall i say binging, laughing, doing silly things, chattering and chattering AND chattering =)
i'm glad my jc class remains the same. everyone even -looks- the same.
and although the rj band ppl have changed visibly, and despite the quarrels and snubbings, we did have a happy day at the beach after all =)

perhaps it was a year of changes after changes that made me appreciate the things that do stay constant.

i love all of u =)

No comments: