Wednesday, August 05, 2009

just thought it might be helpful to translate the 'scots' poem i put up last week?week before that? anyway, here's my best attempt -

I've surely had a good week out in Singapore,
And seen some things I'd never seen at home in Scunnerlaw(Scotland?!!)
If you care for piano works, (be chooser or be beggar),
You'll never hear them better played than by Joanna MacGregor
The next night I was so jet-lagged I thought that I might faint
Instead I saw a Latvian play, that was just like drying paint.
"The Cherry Orchard" next I seen, and it was awfully grand,
It had been directed by famous Lin Zhaohua
The final sight that thrilled my eyes was World Famous's "Crackers",
But then I had to go and sleep, for by then I was tired
The venues for the festival, down by the waterfront
I'd have to ssay, with hand on heart, that they were brilliant.
So now I'm home, with sights and sounds amongst the best seen yet
And all my friends can say to me is "(either) Who got lucky? (or) What's your problem you little bugger" (i'm sorry i'm really bad at this x.x)
I didn't care, it's been a time I'll mind for everymore,
I'll always treasure memories of bonnie (:D) Singapore

No comments: